Preventing rust spots on your vehicles
When vehicles are exposed to chemicals, dirt, and road salt over time, it can weaken the surface layers of your paint. Scratches and dents that have gone unrepaired can also cause rust to form. Stay ahead of it! Here are some ways you can protect your car from rust spots.
· Take your vehicle to a car wash every two weeks. Make sure they wash the underbody as well! Try and go as often as once a week during the winter, when your car has been exposed to road salt.
· Wax your vehicle every 6 months, especially before snowfall.
· Get your car detailed by a professional every year. The products used will get in all the little crevices of your car, protecting every single surface area.
· Perform a regular inspection on your car, focusing on underneath wheels and bumpers, where body components meet, and the undercarriage of your car. See any signs of rust? Get it taken care of!
· Scratches or dents? It’s vulnerable to rust. Get these repaired as soon as you can.
Are you wondering whether your car is worth the repair due to rust? Have a scratch, ding, or light rusting? With over 35 years of experience, Mathews Auto Body is dedicated to providing the absolute best customer service in the Kennewick, WA area.
Contact us today for a free estimate!